Skip to content
- "Running costs were estimated at $106.50 per encounter. Revenue was calculated at $144.70 based on actual collections over a 1‐year period (fiscal year 2016) at FCMH. This resulted in net revenue of $38.15 per encounter for the telemedicine approach"
"By 2050 nearly 2.5 billion people are projected to have some degree of hearing loss and at least 700 million will require hearing rehabilitation... Over a 10-year period, this promises a return of nearly US$16 for every US dollar invested to scale up ear and hearing care services globally.."
- Philips R, Seim N, Matrka L, Locklear B, Moberly AC, Inman M, Essig G. Cost savings associated with an outpatient otolaryngology telemedicine clinic. Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol. 2019 Jan 14;4(2):234-240. doi: 10.1002/lio2.244. PMID: 31024993; PMCID: PMC6476262.[pdf]
- World Health Organization, Key Facts about Deafness and hearing loss [Link]
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.